Celebrate color in this handpainted abstract motif by Khadir, a Javanese artist. Turquoise/Gold/Fuchsia. Silk charmeuse. Hand wash in cold water or dry clean. Approximately 73" by 25". Made in Indonesia.
Jogja Collection ~ My daughter Willow lives in Yogyakarta, the cultural center of Java, drawn there by its vibrant arts scene. On a visit to see Willow we shopped for extraordinary scarves, knowing how delightfully they accessorize the Sympatico collection. Combing the batik and ikat workshops of “Jogja,” as the city’s called by its inhabitants, we unearthed some fine examples of textile art. Masters of resist dyeing and fabric painting, Javanese textile artists are among the world’s finest, and my Jogja Scarf Collection reflects that. Because most designs are one-of-a-kind, I may have just one of these scarves available.
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.