Gentle princess seams front and back enhance shape without sacrificing comfort. As with all our women’s hemp-Tencel clothing, its handcrafted in the US for genuine sustainability.
- 8-button closure
- In-seam darts
- Bracelet sleeve length
- Inverted V-shaped vent in the center back
- Length approximately 21 1/2" to top of back vent
- Generous fit. If you are between sizes, order the smaller size.
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Woven Mid Weight 6.2-oz of 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
Matched sets: If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Light Weight Princess Tops here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Previous | Showing reviews 11-15 of 15
Posted by Éva Darvas on 15th Sep 2016
So far I only tried it on: Lovely style, great color (grey), comfy pockets, all in all a very good looking & comfortable skirt. I am debating if I should exchange it & the princess top to the lighter weight material & order a stovetop long pants, thus make it a three piece ensemble.
Beautiful -but watch the sizing
Posted by Unknown on 24th May 2016
I love the material (I got the lightweight), the color (Spice), and the cut. A really beautiful top which looks smart! My only caution is on sizing. I ordered the XS (though in most clothing I tend to order between a S & M) and it's quite roomy (beyond the style). My rec would be to order a size down.
Posted by Joan S. on 30th Sep 2015
The fit, the quality and the price were just right. And I like that it's made in the USA.
My new favorite jacket
Posted by Carol K. on 16th Sep 2015
This well-constructed jacket is what I want to wear everyday. It looks great with shorts with or without a tank or with a long skirt. I enjoyed learning from Rose about the sustainability of the fibers at the Bellevue Arts and Crafts Fair.
Very happy with my purchase
Posted by Linda Marlow on 30th May 2015
Good quality garment construction. I ordered the Princess top. It looks good alone or as a light weight jacket over a tee shirt. Sizing is accurate. Customer service was excellent. I decided to return the first top I ordered for a different color. It was taken care of quickly. I received the replacement top within a week. Personal, hand written thank you from Rose was very nice.
Previous | Showing reviews 11-15 of 15