Pair this hemp/Tencel top with leggings, pants or a skirt to enjoy unencumbered movement and style. Fitted through the bust, it flows to a trapeze shape at the uneven hem.
- In-seam darts
- Two roomy pockets
- Asymmetrical hemline
- Length approximately 26 center back to hem
- Trim fit
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Light Weight woven 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Light Weight is a breezy 4-oz. square weave to help keep your summer cool. Used only on Sympatico tops, it dries quickly and is slightly more prone to wrinkles than our Mid Weight fabric*. It's great in the tropics and on those steamy summer days! Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Mid Weight Trapeze Tunics here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
comfort in style
Posted by April Johnston on 9th Mar 2018
The fit is very comfortable and flattering for a full figure. The deep pockets do not add bulk to the top
Happy in paprika
Posted by Annie on 28th Sep 2017
I recently purchased the trapeze tunic in paprika and absolutely love everything about it; the fit, the color, the style, the flair and the comfort. Oh, and the pockets! Deep. Just perfect. It's also gratifying to know that it was made ethically. Thank you, Rose.
This top is my favorite thing in the world right now.
Posted by Laura on 28th Jul 2017
It's difficult not to gush about this top. Aside from Sympatico's usual stellar fabric and color, the design of the trapeze tunic is extra special. It's so simple and flattering, with details that make me happy (like the pockets). This top has everything I love: it's comfortable, simple, a little unusual, and hugely flattering.
I put it on over leggings, add a necklace, and I have an outfit that can go almost anywhere. I wish everything were that easy.
Loveliest clothes !!!
Posted by Katheryn Osborne on 14th Apr 2017
I just received my first order from you, a delft blue trapeze tunic & grey stovepipe pants....I love these. Fit perfectly right out of the box..I will be a regular customer..now I want one of everything !