Here's an idea of our alterations charges. They may vary depending upon the specific request. If what you want is not listed, email Rose for more information. Please measure carefully as alterations are not returnable except for defects.
|Pants hems, shorter or longer||$12|
|Shorten or lengthen sleeves||$15|
|Lengthen/shorten body of garment||$15|
|Add one or two pockets||$15|
|Longer/shorter elastic in pants/skirts||$15|
More information here.
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Posted by Mary on 19th Nov 2018
I am very short from shoulder to bust line, and have a low shoulder. Rose's adjustments made the Swallowtail top fit beautifully. Thank you, Rose.
Alterations...and a custom piece
Posted by Ronna on 6th Mar 2018
I ordered a tuxedo top and wanted the sleeves a little longer. I also wanted a vest--the tuxedo without the sleeves. Rose was wonderful. Both pieces arrived and are beautiful. The vest is fantastic and I have a feeling I'll be ordering another one shortly.
Posted by Rebecca on 16th Feb 2018
I wanted to let you know that I received my longer swallowtail blouse. It fit beautifully, and the color of the graphite is deep and rich. Thanks so much for your alterations!
Love the custom shop!
Posted by Holly Blackwood, Arcata on 12th Feb 2018
Received my package yesterday and love love love my new pieces. The ocean blue long sleeve shirt fits like custom made. Which of course it is!
Thanks for your wonderful clothes at such terrific prices.