With a 24" waist-to-hem length, this flouncy casual skirt lands just below the knee on average heights. Hand crafted in the US of hemp/Tencel that breathes beautifully.
- 2 generous side pockets
- Straight skirt with flared hemline
- Elastic waist
- Asymmetrical lower panel
- 24" waist-to-hem length lands just below the knee on average heights
- Trim fit
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Woven Mid Weight 6.2-oz of 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
*Shop above-knee 20" Flip Skirt here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Posted by Unknown on 26th Oct 2018
Love the color, love the fabric, love the fit.
My special order arrived ahead of the predicted date.
My Whole Family loves their Flip Skirt!!
Posted by Rose F. on 8th Sep 2018
I love my Flip Skirts, great for traveling, have taken mine to Europe a few times!!
My Daughter and Sister also love theirs.
I love the length, pockets and material
in making the Flip Skirt.
Flirty and feminine Flip Skirt
Posted by Rebecca on 23rd Aug 2018
The first day I wore my Fog Grey Flip Skirt it was a relatively hot summer day in Central Oregon. I paired it with a light white cotton blouse, untucked. All day I felt cool and comfortable. The flouncy bottom makes the skirt feel very feminine and moves nicely when walking. I just love it and am looking forward to getting a second one in a new color. The 24" length falls perfectly just below the knee (I am about 5' 6-1/2") and is very flattering with any variety of shoe styles - sandals to boots.
Posted by Rosa on 27th Jul 2018
After a lifetime of skirts being either too short or two long for my build (short legs!), finally here is a skirt that fits just right at every angle. Just below the knee so iit doesnt ride up when I sit, and not so long that it has to be hiked up to my armpits in order to achieve the right length. AND the most important and deciding factor...POCKETS that accomodate more than just a lipstick.
I will be buying in more ccolors and exploring other styles soon.
A Classic Skirt
Posted by Sharron Helmholz on 7th Sep 2017
I bought my first 24" flip skirt at an arts and crafts fair, not knowing how much I would love it. I discovered that I could wear it for business meetings or more casual events by choosing different accessories. Since I live in California, I can wear it all year long. It packs well and washes easily. Next time I saw Rose at a crafts fair, I got three more skirts. I should have gotten more!
Good & Not Good
Posted by Lyn on 26th Jun 2017
I looked at this skirt and the other products offered here for a long time before finally ordering. I love to support local cottage industries, love the philosophy of the company, love the personal involvement f the founder, and her approach. I was never confident about the sizing and believe I ordered the best size (small). I like the length, style, fabric, waist, and hip fit, but I had to take in the bunchiness of fabric between the waist and hip about an inch in the front and 3/4 inch in the back to allow a normal t-shirt to lie smoothly over it. This is the same issue I had read about in another review before I ordered.
Not soft like tencel
Posted by CC on 17th Feb 2016
I expected this is to be light and flippy (like the title), but it is fairly stiff. Also, it is quite fitted in the hips and the elastic waist bunches. I would not recommend wearing this with a fitted top.