Gentle princess seams front and back enhance shape without sacrificing comfort. As with all our women’s hemp-Tencel clothing, its handcrafted in the US for genuine sustainability.
- 8-button closure
- In-seam darts
- Bracelet sleeve length
- Inverted V-shaped vent in the center back
- Length approximately 21 1/2" to top of back vent
- Generous fit. If you are between sizes, order the smaller size.
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Woven Mid Weight 6.2-oz of 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
Matched sets: If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Light Weight Princess Tops here
"I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted using sustainable methods and materials to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next
Posted by Susan Pitchford on 4th Jan 2018
Princess seams are flattering on everyone. Great fabric weight, beautiful cut and color. I haven't even worn it yet and I just bought another one. Quick delivery too.
Perfect fit, perfect color.
Posted by Unknown on 29th Oct 2017
The cut and fit are perfect. This top also is good for layering. It goes with several things in my closet, so I couldn't be happier.
Posted by Roseanne Sabol on 24th Aug 2017
Dear Rose ~ I just want you to know that I absolutely LOVE my Princess top in the purple/eggplant color. It's gorgeous. The fit is perfect and the attention to detail - both on the outside as well as inside - is so professional. I had to return my first one to you for a different size and it came back to me so fast. Your customer service is sterling.
Thank you so much for all you do.
An altogether splendid top.
Posted by Marilyn Shadburne on 13th Jul 2017
This top is lovely. The quality of the fabric is excellent. I'm a sewer and I respect the construction. The styling is flattering and luckily it fits perfectly. I will buy from Sympatico again.
Perfect Princess in Plum Dressing or Casual
Posted by Kathleen on 29th Jun 2017
So great to have such a well-styled and comfortable (mid-weight) top with so many outfit options. Much needed to expand my wardrobe. Goes so very well with pieces purchased earlier, too.....seems to be the "code" of Sympatico! I am delighted with this top and other pieces I have. Love that these are designed and made in the USA. The service is personal and efficient!
My New Favorite Top
Posted by Eileen on 3rd Jun 2017
I am thrilled with my new top. I ordered the mid weight Princess Top and received it in a couple of days. It is exactly as described. Even in the summer heat of North Carolina I find it to be so comfortable, I imagine I'll be wearing it year round.
Love material & styles
Posted by P on 20th Dec 2016
I'm between a medium & large. Looking forward to inseam choices...
Posted by Pp on 8th Nov 2016
Love the material, style, fit. Works well w/ this 73 yr old body, short, big boobs, not an easy proportion to dress. Will cont to buy your styles & material..understand the hi price but limiting for me...
Posted by Carolyn Brown on 8th Nov 2016
This not my first Sympatico blouse and I'm sure it won't be the last. The Princess top is beautifully designed and the color (graphite) very rich and warm, way beyond "just dark plain gray." Sympatico's color palette is lovely and the fabric as promised—drapey and not wrinkly.
Posted by Éva Darvas on 15th Sep 2016
So far I only tried it on: Lovely style, great color (grey), comfy pockets, all in all a very good looking & comfortable skirt. I am debating if I should exchange it & the princess top to the lighter weight material & order a stovetop long pants, thus make it a three piece ensemble.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next