With a 5-button front, the Swallowtail Top has a sweetheart neckline, subtle in-seam shaping, angled short sleeves and hemline, and a center vent in a flared back peplum. Slightly fitted.
Hand-crafted in America using a sustainable blend of woven Mid Weight 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell) that's preshrunk and easily machine washed and tumble or line dried. Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight since all the pants and skirts are cut in that fabric. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
"I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted using sustainable methods and materials to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Perfect for Houston
Posted by Unknown on 28th Sep 2016
I purchased the Swallowtail top in natural. I had learned that it runs big, and that was true. I normally wear a medium top, but the small was just right. The sleeve length is perfect for so much of the year here where it's hot outside but air conditioned inside. I have several pieces from Sympatico and LOVE the feel and drape of the fabric. I'm ordering the Deep Ocean when it is available in my size.
Wonderful Air Circulation
Posted by Pamela Elisheva on 11th Aug 2016
Living in hot Bakersfield California, but working in an air conditioned office, the challenge is to find clothes that feel comfortable in both extreme environments during the same work day. I love the non-clingy comfort of this piece, but especially love the flared back peplum. I feel like it is easy to gather the cool air of the office and keep it flowing as I walk the streets of Bakersfield.
I now own 5 Sypatico tops!
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jan 2016
I just received this top in chestnut. The color is fabulous. It fits just like the photos show. I love the simple lines of my Sympatico tops, and the loose fit that hides those undesirable lumps without looking sloppy. They can look dressy or casual - but always classy. Thanks again Rose!