Pair this hemp/Tencel top with leggings, pants or a skirt to enjoy unencumbered movement and style. Fitted through the bust, it flows to a trapeze shape at the uneven hem.
- Two roomy pockets
- Asymmetrical hemline
- Length approximately 26 center back to hem
- Trim fit
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Woven Mid Weight 6.2-oz of 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
Matched sets: If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Light Weight Trapeze Tunics here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 12 | Next
Versatile new color
Posted by Barbara Phillips on 29th Dec 2018
Hi Rose, you went above and beyond to make a tunic in your new color, bayleaf. It goes with every color I wear, the purples, browns, blues all look good with it, and by adding a turtleneck underneath can be worn in the cooler weather of San Francisco. Thanks.
Fun and Freeing!
Posted by Rebecca on 17th Oct 2018
This is the second Trapeze Tunic I have purchased from Sympatico because I loved my first one so much I wanted more in other colors. In fact, as more colors become available I will definitely be requesting more tunics. Why? For one, I feel youthful when I wear it. It is loose and comfortable and kind of swingy and I love putting my hands into the roomy pockets when I walk around. Another secret? I don't really need to wear a bra if I am wearing the tunic with a T-shirt or Turtleneck underneath. Ahhhh. Freedom! I love the Trapeze Tunics!
Best tunic yet
Posted by Judith on 24th Sep 2018
woohoo! I adore these tunics (I bought two). Perfect sizing, great pockets, perfect length and the cut allows for movement but is flattering at the same time. I am only frustrated not to find all the colors in my size!
Really love this garment!
Posted by Debra on 31st Jul 2018
I now own 5 of these- they work so well, dressing up or going casual. I wear them with dressy blouses and also hemp tees or flannel shirts they work great year round! Thank you Rose!
I live in this.
Posted by Laura Loewen on 24th Jul 2018
This is my idea of a perfect garment. It's flattering, comfortable, has huge and useful pockets, comes in timeless, gorgeous colors in fabric that feels great, is eco-friendly, and washes easily. It looks great on its own or with something light over it as a jacket. In Fall I'll be wearing it with various shirts under it. It's my favorite thing in the world right now.
Mid-weight Trapeze Tunic
Posted by Rebecca on 23rd Jul 2018
This is my first garment that I ordered from. Sympatico Clothing and I misjudged my size and ordered the Tunic in small. Rose was extremely helpful with my exchange and even though there was not a Medium size in stock, she made one and had it out in the mail to me by the following week. I love my Tunic and it fits perfectly now. The fabric is supple and soft and it feels wonderful and comfortable. I am getting ready to order a skirt next. I plan to build my new wardrobe with Sympatico styles!
Top of the line linen
Posted by Corinne Brady on 30th May 2018
I love each of the Sympatico products I've purchased.
Trapeze Tunic is Top Drawer
Posted by Angela on 26th Jun 2017
I love this tunic. Right length, right weight, right cut and it is just perfect in the heat!
Posted by Wendy on 13th Mar 2017
I love the tunic and this is the second one I have purchased. It is comfortable, love the pockets and layers very nicely with a short or long sleeve t-shirt. Request for long sleeves or at least 3/4 sleeve is a good one!
Posted by lin on 9th Nov 2016
like the length
Showing reviews 1-10 of 12 | Next