Pair this hemp/Tencel top with leggings, pants or a skirt to enjoy unencumbered movement and style. Fitted through the bust, it flows to a trapeze shape at the uneven hem.
- Two roomy pockets
- Asymmetrical hemline
- Length approximately 26 center back to hem
- Trim fit
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Woven Mid Weight 6.2-oz of 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
Matched sets: If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Light Weight Trapeze Tunics here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next
Posted by Cynthia on 11th Apr 2019
I love my new long length tunic that was custom made for me into a dress. It hangs beautifully, fits perfectly and will get lots and lots of wear. Thanks so much!
Posted by Cynthia on 22nd Mar 2019
Rose color is beautiful, and the fit is flowy and flattering. I love it.
Versatile new color
Posted by Barbara Phillips on 29th Dec 2018
Hi Rose, you went above and beyond to make a tunic in your new color, bayleaf. It goes with every color I wear, the purples, browns, blues all look good with it, and by adding a turtleneck underneath can be worn in the cooler weather of San Francisco. Thanks.
Fun and Freeing!
Posted by Rebecca on 17th Oct 2018
This is the second Trapeze Tunic I have purchased from Sympatico because I loved my first one so much I wanted more in other colors. In fact, as more colors become available I will definitely be requesting more tunics. Why? For one, I feel youthful when I wear it. It is loose and comfortable and kind of swingy and I love putting my hands into the roomy pockets when I walk around. Another secret? I don't really need to wear a bra if I am wearing the tunic with a T-shirt or Turtleneck underneath. Ahhhh. Freedom! I love the Trapeze Tunics!
Best tunic yet
Posted by Judith on 24th Sep 2018
woohoo! I adore these tunics (I bought two). Perfect sizing, great pockets, perfect length and the cut allows for movement but is flattering at the same time. I am only frustrated not to find all the colors in my size!
Really love this garment!
Posted by Debra on 31st Jul 2018
I now own 5 of these- they work so well, dressing up or going casual. I wear them with dressy blouses and also hemp tees or flannel shirts they work great year round! Thank you Rose!
I live in this.
Posted by Laura Loewen on 24th Jul 2018
This is my idea of a perfect garment. It's flattering, comfortable, has huge and useful pockets, comes in timeless, gorgeous colors in fabric that feels great, is eco-friendly, and washes easily. It looks great on its own or with something light over it as a jacket. In Fall I'll be wearing it with various shirts under it. It's my favorite thing in the world right now.
Mid-weight Trapeze Tunic
Posted by Rebecca on 23rd Jul 2018
This is my first garment that I ordered from. Sympatico Clothing and I misjudged my size and ordered the Tunic in small. Rose was extremely helpful with my exchange and even though there was not a Medium size in stock, she made one and had it out in the mail to me by the following week. I love my Tunic and it fits perfectly now. The fabric is supple and soft and it feels wonderful and comfortable. I am getting ready to order a skirt next. I plan to build my new wardrobe with Sympatico styles!
Top of the line linen
Posted by Corinne Brady on 30th May 2018
I love each of the Sympatico products I've purchased.
Trapeze Tunic is Top Drawer
Posted by Angela on 26th Jun 2017
I love this tunic. Right length, right weight, right cut and it is just perfect in the heat!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next