Our versatile bestselling top is great layered or alone and has a 4-button band closure, in-seam front darting, side vents, three-quarter sleeves and a flattering angled hemline. Generous fit; runs large. If you are petite, order a size smaller.
Hand-crafted in America using a sustainable blend of woven Mid Weight 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell) that's preshrunk and easily machine washed and tumble or line dried. Mid Weight is a 6.2-oz. square weave with a little more body than our Light Weight fabric*.
If you want your top to match the color of pants or a skirt exactly, it's better to select the Mid Weight since all the pants and skirts are cut in that fabric. Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Light Weight Tuxedo Tops here.
"I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted using sustainable methods and materials to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Fashionable and comfortable
Posted by Unknown on 17th Jun 2017
I wear a Sympatico wardrobe throughout the summer. It is comfortable, easy to care for and perfect going from 90 degrees to air conditioning.
Wardrobe must have
Posted by Bakes on 25th May 2017
This is my favorite piece. I want all the colors now. A must have. Can be worn over a blouse or alone.
Washed well and with an iron touch up, it is new again.
My Favorite Shirt
Posted by Mary G on 1st May 2017
I have four in different colors. So flattering and easy to wear even though I'm under 5 feet tall. How does Rose do it! It looks just as good on taller models.
Posted by Cathy B. on 1st Jul 2016
I fell in love with the look and feel of the first top I bought - and promptly ordered every color afterward. They wash well, and look fresh as new with a quick ironing. Has become a uniform -- but no one is complaining! Especially me. Thanks for the thought and care that went into making this perfect top.
Love This Shirt!
Posted by Unknown on 24th Apr 2016
I love the style, the fabric and the fit of the shirt. Great product!
Classic look with every day ease!
Posted by Catherine Stearns on 22nd Feb 2016
The Tuxedo Top is my favorite. I have 4 of them now. They blend nicely with my collection of scarves. I can leave home in the morning and feel appropriately dressed all day and on into the evening's activities.