Figure-flattering and comfortably casual, the Swallowtail Top frames your face with a sweetheart neckline.
- 5-button closure
- In-seam darts
- Sweetheart neckline
- Angled short sleeves and hemline
- Center vent in a flared back peplum
- Back length approximately 26 1/2"
- Slightly fitted
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Light Weight woven 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Light Weight is a breezy 4-oz. square weave to help keep your summer cool. Used only on Sympatico tops, it dries quickly and is slightly more prone to wrinkles than our Mid Weight fabric*. It's great in the tropics and on those steamy summer days! Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Mid Weight Swallowtail Tops here
"I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted using sustainable methods and materials to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Classic lines, flattering fit
Posted by Kathleen on 18th Jun 2018
Gorgeous tops that I can wear anywhere, and look put together. Love the fabric, love the colors. Thank you for such great, breathable, wearable clothes.
Wrong fit for my body.
Posted by Sarah Yost on 16th Feb 2018
I love the idea of your company and its products but I'm afraid that my short-waisted body and the design of the blouses didn't get along at all. Too bad because I love the fabric and colors.
Posted by Peggy on 4th Sep 2017
Beautiful, versatile, and comfortable top with charming details.
Posted by Gail M. on 27th Jul 2017
I've enjoyed mine for over four years - lightweight is perfect for warm weather. Washes well - very flattering - so comfortable. Looks great with everything!