Our versatile, bestselling Tuxedo Top is great layered or alone. Like the entire Sympatico line of women’s hemp/Tencel clothing, it's handcrafted in the US to offer many seasons of wear.
- 4-button band closure
- In-seam darts
- Side vents
- Three-quarter sleeves
- Flattering angled hemline
- Longer back measures approximately 26".
- Generous fit, runs large. If you are petite, order a size smaller.
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Light Weight woven 55% hemp and 45% Tencel™ (lyocell)
- Preshrunk: machine wash, tumble or line dry
Light Weight is a breezy 4-oz. square weave to help keep your summer cool. Used only on Sympatico tops, it dries quickly and is slightly more prone to wrinkles than our Mid Weight fabric*. It's great in the tropics and on those steamy summer days! Both weights are soft and comfy and let your skin breathe.
* Shop Mid Weight Tuxedo Tops here
"I take sustainable fashion seriously. Organic clothing shoppers can rest easy knowing I design the Sympatico collection with respect for the earth and its people. Each piece is handcrafted in the US using eco-friendly, nontoxic hemp and Tencel to offer years of timeless style."
-- Designer Rose Gerstner, Sympatico founder
Learn more >
Match your measurements to those shown on the chart, they allow for wearing ease.
Questions about sizes? Call 541.899.3988
It's crucial to measure yourself to ensure a good fit. Numerical sizes are guidelines but they vary hugely from one maker to another. Click here for tips on taking your measurements.
Easy, Eco-Friendly Care
Our sustainable hemp/Tencel fabric blend is easy to care for. To enhance its wonderfully supple hand and keep your clothes looking their best, follow these eco-friendly tips:
- Launder in cold water with like colors using an eco-friendly detergent. To preserve original color, launder garment inside out.
- We recommend you air-dry your Sympatico clothes to reduce energy consumption.
- Because the hemp content may produce wrinkles and develop a somewhat firm hand during laundering and air-drying, tumble your dry clothes in a warm dryer for a few minutes to relax wrinkles and soften the fabric's hand. (Because hemp softens with wear, this step becomes unnecessary as your garment ages.)
- Promptly remove clothes from the dryer and let them cool down on hangers.
- If needed, touch up collars and hems with a hot iron. To prevent possible shine from a setting that's too-high, iron inside out.
- When traveling, roll up your Sympatico clothes then hang them up on arrival. A quick spritz with water will help eliminate wrinkles. (I find spritzing my craft fair inventory on hangers works like a charm for releasing wrinkles that develop during travel.) Hanging wrinkled items in a steamy bathroom is a great alternative to ironing also.
Thanks to hemp's anti-microbial properties you'll probably find that you launder your Sympatico wear less often, reducing the energy your clothes consume.
For more information and eco-friendly laundering tips, see How to Save the Planet - One Washer Load at a Time.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 11 | Next
Posted by Anne on 26th Sep 2018
The fabric has a nice heft. The material has a nice dusted appearance. The design is very attractive and it's also comfortable.. I'm so happy with it!
Ready for (almost) anything
Posted by Edith Vermeij on 1st May 2018
This lightweight twilight is not my first tuxedo top. I find it flattering without being tight or having a low neck. It is for when I want to be comfortable, dignified and in a really pretty color. The tops don't wrinkle as badly as linen, and the hems don't need ironing after washing. The buttons light up the darker color.
Posted by Unknown on 30th Mar 2018
This top is soft, stylish and flattering. Love the color.
A top for all seasons
Posted by April Johnston on 9th Mar 2018
The perfect top for spring, summer, fall and winter. Can easily be dressed up or down for any occasion.
Rounding out my collection
Posted by Unknown on 1st Dec 2017
My only misgiving is I wish that there were more colours. This is my 5th top. Thank You!
Posted by Kate L on 25th Nov 2017
I love the feel of the fabric and the style is the most flattering thing in my closet.
The blue was closer to navy than I expected. Would love to have a deep red one someday.
Posted by Charlotte August on 30th Oct 2017
The fabric is soft and washed well upon its first laundering. I will definitely be ordering more clothing from Sympatico.
Posted by Unknown on 25th Oct 2017
Such supple fabric! I wasn't sure what the light-weight version would be like and was most impressed. Judging by the two different weights in the two different tops I have, the heavier is good for a jacket or cold-weather wear, while the light-weight can fly in warmer weather, under a sweater, jacket, coat... Really happy with this top!
Great product and great value!
Posted by Unknown on 29th Jul 2017
I ordered the tuxedo lightweight top, my first Sympatico. It won't be the last! The fit is comfortable, the fabric hand soft and breathable and it doesn't wrinkle like silk. People are asking, "Is it Eileen Fisher?" A beautiful garment for a fraction of what I'd pay Eileen.
Love the fit!
Posted by Pam C. on 18th Apr 2017
I purchased this top to go with the angled skirt and absolutely love the way it fits. I have a really hard time finding clothes that hang right on my body type and this just looks so elegant. I will be purchasing more from you. Thanks so much!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 11 | Next